Media release: Update on emergency financial assistance and government services for bushfires #2
The Hon Stuart Robert MP
- Almost $1.7 million provided in Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payments (AGDRP) and Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA) to declared Local Government Areas.
- Over 1,300 claims processed since 10 November 2019.
- People who may be eligible for payments should call 180 22 66 – this is the easiest and fastest way to claim.
- Temporary closure of some Department of Human Services (DHS) and NDIS offices.
- DHS Mobile Service Centres travelling through affected areas.
Minister for Government Services, Stuart Robert, today said $1,695,600 has been provided in Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payments (AGDRP) and Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA) to people in bushfire affected areas.
This represents 1,320 claims processed across the affected bushfire regions in New South Wales and Queensland.
AGDRP is available to eligible people whose homes have been severely damaged or destroyed, who have been seriously injured or who have lost a family member in the fires. DRA is available to eligible people who have lost income as a direct result of the disaster event.
The Australian Government has announced today that DRA is now available to people in an additional 19 local government areas in New South Wales and Queensland, in addition to the 16 areas already announced.
Minister for Government Services Stuart Robert reiterated the fastest and easiest way to claim is over the phone by calling the Australian Government Emergency Information Line on 180 22 66.
‘Staff from my department are processing claims as quickly as possible to ensure people have money available to meet their immediate needs. Telephone lines will be open over the weekend from 10:00am to 4:00pm AEDT.’
Service Centre operations continue to be affected. Mobile Service Centres, Desert Rose and Golden Wattle, will continue to provide support on the ground, including over the weekend. All sites are being monitored regularly.
For more information on support available visit www.humanservices.gov.au/disaster
Current ADGRP eligible Local Government Areas:
Armidale, Clarence Valley, Glen Innes Severn, Kempsey, Livingstone, Mid Coast, Nambucca, Noosa, Port Macquarie-Hastings, Richmond Valley, Scenic Rim, Southern Downs, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Tenterfield and Walcha.
Current DRA eligible Local Government Areas:
Armidale, Bellingen, Ballina, Blue Mountains, Byron, Cessnock, Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Glen Innes Severn, Gwydir, Hawkesbury, Ku-ring-gai, Kyogle, Kempsey, Inverell, Lake Macquarie, Lismore, Lithgow, Livingstone, Mid Coast, Nambucca, Narrabri, Noosa, Oberon, Penrith, Port Macquarie-Hastings, Richmond Valley, Scenic Rim, Singleton, Sutherland, Southern Downs, Tamworth, Tweed, Tenterfield, Uralla and Walcha.
Current DHS service centres closed:
Coffs Harbour, Nambucca Heads, Port Macquarie, Taree, Tuncurry.
Current Mobile Service Centre schedule (subject to change):
- Laurieton – Friday 15 November, located near Laurieton United Services Club on Seymour Street, 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Old Bar – Saturday 16 November, located near Club Old Bar car park on Waterman Street, 10am to 4pm
- Tuncurry – Sunday 17 November, located near Tuncurry Beach Bowling Club on Wallis Street, 10am to 4pm
- Taree – Monday 18 November, located in the Club Taree car park on Wingham Road, 8.30am to 4pm.
- Noosaville – Friday 15 November, located at the Noosaville Library on Wallace Street, 8.30am to 4:30pm.
- Grafton – Sunday 17 November, located near the Community Centre on Duke Street, 10am to 4pm.
- Grafton – Monday 18 November, located near the Community Centre on Duke Street, 8.30am to 4.30pm
Find out more about Mobile Service Centre stopping locations on the Human Services website: humanservices.gov.au/mobileoffice
People can keep up to date with any service changes via the Human Services website: www.humanservices.gov.au/servicechanges
National Disability Insurance Agency sites closed:
Coffs Harbour (Co located with DHS), Port Macquarie (Co located with DHS), Taree.
Full list of NDIA Partner site closures can be found here: https://www.ndis.gov.au/news
Anyone with NDIS enquiries are encouraged to contact 1800 800 110 for further information about rescheduling of appointments.